Mark Lettieri is one of the three guitar players of Grammy Award-winning band Snarky Puppy. If you have never heard of this band, head over to Youtube and check them out, you won’t regret.
But don’t forget to come back!
Mark Lettieri is a busy guy. As a session player he works with many different artists: Erykah Badu, Phillip Phillips or Tamela Mann. He has also released two instrumental albums under his own name and currently is working on his third album.
I was amazed by Mark’s guitar skills the first time I saw him playing. His unique style incorporates many genres and influences from Eddie Van Halen to Wayne Krantz. His solid rhythmic foundation gives his guitar solos almost “danceable” qualities. To my ears he sounds very fresh and innovative.
My goal for this interview was to uncover some “secret” strategies that Mark uses to develop his extraordinary guitar skills. We were talking about his guitar practice routine, creativity and the importance of talent for your growth as a musician.
In this session, you learn:
– Who were Mark’s guitar heroes in the beginning?
– Did guitar playing came easy to him?
– Critical skills for playing in world famous band even without music degree
– How does Mark practice guitar and how does his practice routine look like?
– How to become proficient in many different styles?
– How to develop rhythmic richness in your playing?
– What should you focus on if you want to become a session guitar player?
If you want to get my FREE course 7-Days to Guitar Practice Mastery, please subscribe: